Saturday, April 6, 2013

Stations of the Cross

I was thinking back on my experience on Good Friday when I attended the stations of the cross. The stations of the cross understand Jesus's suffering and death on the cross. Each station tells about events that occurred during Jesus's last hours. Each station allowed me to reflect on my own life and sins that I have committed. For example, when Simon of Cyrene takes up Jesus's cross, he is participating in the crucifixion of Christ. We are not forced to take up the cross like Simon, but we are invited to participate in in the life of Christ by taking up our cross. By taking up our cross and living Christ's mission, we can find true life through Christ. The Stations of the Cross allowed me to reflect on my on sins and grow in holiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate